From Laura’s Lean Beef to Organic Hemp CBD
The agricultural innovator, champion of sustainability, and accomplished entrepreneur is once again making history.
After a horseback riding accident which nearly did her in, Laura experimented with full spectrum CBD to help ease her pains. She was so astonished by the results, she started growing organic hemp on her farm, Mt. Folly, and created Laura’s Homestead Alternatives CBD to share the good fortune.
How Exactly Does CBD Work in the Brain and Body?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the most abundant components of the cannabis plant and has been growing in popularity in recent years, as research and legislation have started to focus on the potential therapeutic benefits of the substance.
Though talks about cannabis often relate to the intoxicating effects of its most abundant element – tetrahydrocannabinol, better known as THC – CBD does not cause intoxication. The substance does, however, impact the central nervous system and the body more broadly, and we’re beginning to understand how CBD affects the brain and body.
Scientists are scratching the surface of potential ways that CBD may be used for health and wellness purposes, and so cannot yet fully explain how the substance may confer the benefits that have been widely reported anecdotally.
However, as more and more evidence for the advantages of using CBD accumulates, the U.S. government has become more open to CBD use, and more committed to understanding how CBD may improve health or quality of life.
CBD is now at the center of hundreds of clinical trials that span a wide variety of disease areas, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has even approved the oral CBD drug, Epidiolex, for use in the treatment of certain types of epilepsy. The company that makes this drug also has a CBD drug to treat multiple sclerosis, which has been approved in the United Kingdom.
What Full Spectrum CBD Means and Why It’s Important
Lately, it seems impossible to make it through your day without hearing about CBD oil in some capacity, whether it’s from a friend, in the news, or just about anywhere else you turn your head. It’s even reached the mainstream in the form of a CBD-themed baby shower hosted by Kim Kardashian.
We and our customers are no strangers to CBD (cannabidiol) of course, but we do sometimes find ourselves fielding questions about what full-spectrum CBD oil means, and how it differs from other CBD products on the market, particularly CBD isolate.
In this article, we discuss:
- What full spectrum CBD means and how to identify full spectrum CBD products
- Benefits of full spectrum CBD
- If full spectrum CBD oil is better than CBD isolate
- The difference between hemp and marijuana
- If CBD is legal
- Where to buy CBD online
* Regenerative Agriculture
- Looking at CO2e emissions causing climate disruption, the industrial food system is part of the problem. The bounded system, including fertilizer and pesticide manufacture, processing, transportation, refrigeration, and waste disposal, accounts for more than 30% of global annual emissions.
- When you shop with us, you are doing business with Mt. Folly Farm, a key practitioner of regenerative organic agriculture. You are supporting a marketing system which is local or mail-order. To learn more about this, go to Mtfollyfarm.com