Herbal medicine is the use of plants and plant extracts to treat injuries or disease. Many modern medicines were originally extracted from plant sources. Today, herbal medicine referred to as “alternative,” but for thousands of years, the vast majority of human history, all medicine was herbal medicine.
From Laura’s Lean Beef to Organic Hemp CBD
The agricultural innovator, champion of sustainability, and accomplished entrepreneur is once again making history.
After a horseback riding accident which nearly did her in, Laura experimented with full spectrum CBD to help ease her pains. She was so astonished by the results, she started growing organic hemp on her farm, Mt. Folly, and created Laura’s Homestead Alternatives CBD to share the good fortune.
Sustainability Efforts of the Mt. Folly Circular Economy
We are a trio or triad of companies that are dedicated to creating products that work, while staying rooted in sustainability. At the heart of our circular economy, we have Mt. Folly Farm. An early adopter of sustainable farming practices, the original founding farm of Laura’s Lean Beef, and now our focal point of raising crops and livestock with the end goal of creating value added products. Here we raise hemp for Laura’s Homestead Alternatives, corn, wheat and other grains for Wildcat Willy’s Distillery’s Spirits, along with protein from finished steers and pastured chickens for the Distillery’s Farm to Table Restaurant.
What Full Spectrum CBD Means and Why It’s Important
Lately, it seems impossible to make it through your day without hearing about CBD oil in some capacity, whether it’s from a friend, in the news, or just about anywhere else you turn your head. It’s even reached the mainstream in the form of a CBD-themed baby shower hosted by Kim Kardashian.
We and our customers are no strangers to CBD (cannabidiol) of course, but we do sometimes find ourselves fielding questions about what full-spectrum CBD oil means, and how it differs from other CBD products on the market, particularly CBD isolate.
In this article, we discuss:
- What full spectrum CBD means and how to identify full spectrum CBD products
- Benefits of full spectrum CBD
- If full spectrum CBD oil is better than CBD isolate
- The difference between hemp and marijuana
- If CBD is legal
- Where to buy CBD online
* Regenerative Agriculture
- Looking at CO2e emissions causing climate disruption, the industrial food system is part of the problem. The bounded system, including fertilizer and pesticide manufacture, processing, transportation, refrigeration, and waste disposal, accounts for more than 30% of global annual emissions.
- When you shop with us, you are doing business with Mt. Folly Farm, a key practitioner of regenerative organic agriculture. You are supporting a marketing system which is local or mail-order. To learn more about this, go to Mtfollyfarm.com